Monday, February 1, 2010
Monday Mindache: Adventures with heads
this is part of my piece for the "art of nurture" college assignment/bank competition. its symbolic of the symbolism inherent in symbols.
- do amputees gain weight easier?
- if you're completely covered in hair, where does your hairstyle stop?
- if i'm floating in space with an obese spaceperson would i get drawn towards their stronger gravity?
- if igloos shield you from the cold, could i protect myself from the desert heat by building a fire around myself?
- how far back in time do you have to go so that its okay to have sex with your ancestor?
- if the moon stayed in the same place over the earth, and it was at sea, would you get a mountain of water pulled up by the gravity?
- what do hyenas find so damn funny anyway?
when all is said and done, and the smell of the clouds has put you off your supper, the ringing in your ears won't go away, your palms are clammy and the bathroom fixtures have gone from singing your praises to criticizing your efforts, all you can do is arm yourself with the heftiest metaphor close at hand and run, swinging. many run, more escape. its not too hard.
bye bye you!