Sunday, October 4, 2009

IT'S YOUR ONE WAY TICKET TO MIDNIGHT

Hey, Luke here!
Well, last but probably least, we have my very first entry and the last one for the week.
As you can see, it has a very unfinished look to it, and it almost didn't happen at all thanks to an awful case of artist's block (I have a bunch of crappy Deadpool drawings I was trying to do).

Like much of what I draw, it's almost entirely inspired by a steady diet of heavy metal, Coka-Cola, and influenced by some of my favourite comic-book artists, namely Bisley, Skottie Young and more recently (but not noticeably, I think), Frazetta. Obviously I was restricted to simple media such as pencil and felt pen, owing mostly to my inability to colour or use photoshop. Something that really stands out is the terrible hatching which does not really work as well as I'd hoped it would. Or even at all. Oh well, maybe next time. Bye then.

8 comments:

  1. Dude that is coo 2 tha el!!!! The arms and hands are especially awesome, congrats on the first post matey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. It's pretty messy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lukie buh gookie

    super nice work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Inspired by a steady diet of heavy metal, Coka-Cola"...I love you man...your drawings cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work! i like you style guy! i look forward to more of this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete